DGTL Barcelona 2017
After the undeniable success of its mother event in Amsterdam, DGTL flies to the ever-sunny Barcelona and brings in its suitcase the finest ingredients to its winning recipe : a solid lineup showcasing the hottest acts of the international electronic music scene, interactive and innovative performances and art installations powered by wind and solar energy, an entirely cashless event aimed at promoting sustainability, and a vast selection of organic food.
Sprinkle this with some sandy beaches, add a massive amount of glowing sun, stir well, and get ready to party at one of the most acclaimed festivals of the decade!
The festival is held in the Parc del Fòrum, located on the waterfront in the northern part of Barcelona, only a few metro stations away from the beating heart of the city.
This huge leisure complex is equipped with an impressive solar-panelled Esplanade as well as safe bathing zones by the sea. Also home to the mythical Primavera Sound Festival, needless to say that it has all that it takes to welcome flocks and flocks of dedicated die-hard clubbers on a mission to shake its concrete dancefloors.
Are you ready to party among trippy fluorescent creatures and fire-spitting metal-made giants?
Opening hours & timetable
Friday 11th August - Sunday 13th August: 03 PM- 3 AM
Tale of Us
- Adeline, Amelie Lens, Andre Buljat, audiolux, b.traits, chaos in the cbd, coyu, daniel avery, daniel baughman, davis, derrick may, discos paradiso crew, dvs 1, eats everything, fairmont, hd substance, jackmaster b2B jasper james, jennifer cardini, joy orbison, kölsch b2b michael mayer, lorenzo bartoletti, mall grab, man power, marvin & guy, matrixxman, mike servito, mike craven, mind against, pace osuna, pedro Evian, prins thomas, prunk, recondite, red axes, regal, ryan elliott, satori, steffi b2b prosumer, the drifter, tom trago, tornado wallace, triad
Parc del Fòrum
DGTL is held in the Parc del Fòrum, located on the waterfront in the Sant Martí district of Barcelona, only a few metro stations away from the beating heart of the city. This huge leisure complex is equipped with an impressive solar-panelled esplanade as well as safe bathing zones by the sea.
The coastal district of Sant Martí lies in the north-eastern part of the catalan capital and represents one of its largest residential area. Modern buildings, huge shopping centres such as Diagonal Mar or Les Glòries, and low-key beaches are the elements that make up this rather pleasant neighbourhood.
How to get there
FROM AIRPORT TO CITY:
From Barcelona-El Prat airport, you can expect to reach downtown Barcelona in no longer than 20 minutes.
- By train: train R2 will take you from Terminal 2 to Passeig de Gracia via Barcelona Sants in 15 minutes. This train runs every 30 minutes from 5.40am to 11.40pm, and a single fare is 2,10€ (1,5£). For a detailed overview of the timetable, please check the RENFE website. Important: if you arrive into Terminal 1, you will first need to catch a free connecting bus to Terminal 2
- By Aerobus: An express bus service called the Aerobus runs from Barcelona airport to Plaza Catalunya and vice versa every 5 to 20 minutes from approximately 5am to 1am. Line A1 runs from and to Terminal 1 and line A2 from and to Terminal 2. You can purchase your ticket in advance and consult the detailed timetable on the Aerobus website. A single ticket costs 5,90€ (4,50£) and a return ticket costs 10,20€ (8£). The journey takes about 20 minutes.
- By regular bus: Bus 46 runs every 15 minutes from approximately 5am to 12pm and will take you to Plaça Espanya in about 30 minutes or more, depending on the traffic. This bus runs from both airport terminal. A single ticket is 2,10€. More information on the route here. -
- By taxi: you can grab a taxi from the rank outside both airport terminals. You can expect to pay around 35€ (28£) to reach the city centre. You can also book a taxi ahead of time via RadioTaxi033, Taxi de Barcelona, or Taxi AMB.
FROM CITY TO THE VENUE:
The Parc del Fòrum is very well connected by public transportation. Here are the closest stops: Tram 4 ‘Fòrum’, Bus 143 ‘Eduard Maristany - St Ramon de Penyafort’, Bus 36 / H14 ‘Maresme | Fòrum’ , Metro line 4 ‘Maresme | Fòrum’, Nightbus N6 ‘Rambla de Prim - Llull’.
The capital of Catalunya boasts an incredibly rich cultural heritage dominated by Gaudí’s colorful, intricate and surreal architectural masterpieces. It is an undeniable fact : Barcelona is a sight for sore eyes and an a-class tourist destination. But the Sagrada Familia and Park Güell are not the only elements that account for its featuring among the top 5 most visited cities in Europe. Vibrant either by day or by night, Barcelona has repeatedly been crowned one of the hottest european party destination, and attracts year in year out millions of night owls and late-night revellers on a quest for a rowdy fun time in a dynamic sun-drenched city by the sea.
As a fast-moving city with no consistent sound, Barcelona possesses a rich cultural and musical scene which offers a huge variety in bars, pubs and clubs. From cozy tapas bars to under-the-radar restaurants and gigantic clubbing temples, there is a lifetime’s worth of places to discover, catering for every taste. And if there is one thing to bear in mind when in Barcelona, it definitely is that Spaniards tend to live in a different time zone. Don’t be surprised if most restaurants are closed at 8 pm, bars are empty by 10 pm, or if you are denied access to a club before 2 am : the locals party later… but harder! Instead, set your clock to Spanish time, take it easy, and prepare for the fiesta of your life. You’ll come home euphorically exhausted, but irremediably happy!
On-site services & practical information
- On-site payment: DGTL is entirely cashless and free of physical tokens. Bar and vendors will only accept payments made with DGTL wristbands. To be on the safe side, do consider register your wristband on your name: in case you lose it, you will be given a new one topped up with the credit left on it. Please take into account that anonymous wristbands cannot be topped up in advance and credit left on it in case of loss won’t be refunded.
- Food and drinks: there will be various food stalls scattered across the festival site, serving different types of food, including gluten-free dishes. All the food served at the festival will be organic.