Time Warp Festival Mannheim 2018
Since 1994, Time Warp festival starts becoming a reality at the early spring. More than a simple combination of techno and music, its reputation of the undisputed king of techno festivals has turned this normal event into an annual mandatory one for more than 17,000 people with a common denominator: a passion for electronic music. Every year, fans travel from far and wide to enjoy “some of the world’s most respected and talented techno and house music artists” like Laurent Garnier, Carl Cox or even Sven Väth!
For 17 years now, it has been relocated in its actual homeplace, Mannheim in Germany, which gives an indescribable atmosphere. This ultimate clubbing and festival experience takes place at the 6-floor Maimarkthalle, which allows the top international techno artists, lightshow engineers and sound technicians to give the best of themselves for the biggest event out there! Are you ready for the journey?
OPENING TIMES & DATES
Saturday 7th April 2018 - Sunday 8th April 2018: 07:30 PM - 02:00 PM
The Maimarkthalle is a gigantic, multi-purpose complex situated around 15 minutes away from Mannheim city centre. Time Warp takes place in an enormous warehouse with a capacity of 20,000 people. During the festival, a cleverly combined artistry of light and design turn the industrial building into a dreamlike, otherworldly space.
How to get there
- After you’ve booked your package with us, you will receive tailor-made directions. In them we will tell you how you can travel from airport to hotel and from hotel to the venue.
- We recommend to us the VRN network (Mannheim’s sector) to travel to the venue. This is included with your print at home festival ticket and is valid only during festival dates (April, 1st and 2nd). You can take the train to Mannheim main station. From there trams go to the Maimarkt Gelände (Time Warp Venue) every 30 minutes. From there it is a 2 minute walk to the Venue. You may also take a taxi. The estimated costs are 17 Euro's and will take you about 10 minutes from the city centre.
Other options are:
- By train: the connecting station is Mannheim main station. From Mannheim main station you have the possibility to take the S-Bahn to Mannheim Arena/Maimarkt, a 10-minutes walk from Maimarkt Gelände (Time Warp Venue), or buses to Mannheim Arena/Maimarkt.
- By car: address: Maimarkthalle Mannheim, Xaver-Fuhr-Straße 101, 68163 Mannheim, Germany. There will be a lot of parking spots at the festival site for little money: follow the signs when you arrive there.
Don’t be fooled by appearances! Although it has a slightly more austere side, Mannheim is a dynamic, multicultural and cosmopolitan university town. And university town, of course, means party town. All along the ‘Planken’, the principal artery of the city, there are restaurants, biergartens, pubs and alternative clubs where the music keeps pumping until the early hours of the morning.
If you’re feeling peckish after your prowlings through Quadratestadt, then grab the best doner in town at Döner City, just opposite the central station. What proper nights are made of…
Festival services & information
- You have to be 18 years old in order to access the event.
- You won’t be be allowed to re-enter the festival after leaving the venue.
- Lockerboxes are available on site (fee + deposit) and you’ll have full access to it. In case you have forgotten something in the lockerbox, contact [email protected]
- The following are not allowed at the festival: drugs, weapons, food, drinks, big bags/backpacks/trolleys, liquids, professional photo or video material, permanent markers, animals, deodorants, aerosol and inflammable cans.
- There will be police controls for alcohol and drugs at some of the access roads.